NCAA Tournament: Can Kentucky complete the NCAA Tournament’s first perfect season since 1976? Even for huge favorites, the brackets haven’t been overly kind.
By Greg DePalma, PSN Executive Producer
>>Listen live to Prime Sports College Hoops, Saturday at 11 a.m. ET
- Wisconsin vs. Michigan State
- (Alternate: Michigan State over Kentucky)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky
- Iowa State vs. Michigan State
- (Alternate: Michigan State over SMU; Kentucky over Arizona)
Our top championship future plays
- Wisconsin , 8-1
- Gonzaga, 16-1
- Notre Dame, 25-1
- Iowa State , 33-1
- Michigan State , 40-1
- Baylor, 50-1
- Wichita State, 50-1
- Northern Iowa, 66-1
- Maryland, 75-1
- SMU, 75-1
- Va. Commonwealth, 100-1
Bracket trends since 1985
- Only 40 percent of #1 seeds have made the Final Four.
- The past 5 seasons have seen only four #1 seeds make the Final Four.
- Last season’s title game pitted a #7 seed (Connecticut) vs. a #8 seed (Kentucky).
- #12 seeds are 8-4 in the past three years vs. #5 seeds.
- #16 seeds have never beaten a #1 (0 for 120).